Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012
     I am going to try to bring you up to date since I last entered my blog. My memory is so bad that I can hardly remember what I did yesterday much less several days ago. I remember that on Friday I went to my  acupuncturist and felt very relaxed when I left his office. Actually, that is all I can remember about Friday.  Isn’t that sad? That’s my life now so I just accept it.
     Saturday we didn’t have a Bible Study because Dorean was on a ladies retreat for the weekend. I missed the study and the fellowship. I did get a little extra rest which I needed. I am still very tired and can’t do much at all before I need to rest. It will be so nice to feel better and get some things done around the house. Billy and I went to spend a little time with Colton. I need Colton time every once and awhile or I go through withdrawal.
     Sunday was another great day. Timothy and Joshua from Japan are visiting Daniel again and it was good to see them again. We got to know Timothy first when we visited Japan with Donna and Daniel a couple of years ago. We all went to lunch together then we came home for our Sunday nap. For Bible Study that night Billy asked Timothy to tell us about the ministry in Japan. It was very interesting. There is much going on in Japan and other Asian countries that they carry the Gospel to. The Japanese people are mostly Shinto and have been for hundreds of years. It is a hard to turn them from the religion of their ancestors. Anyway, after Bible Study we went to Twisty Treat with Donna, Daniel and Timothy.
     Monday was just like any other day. Boring! I did manage to get a load of laundry done. I consider that a major accomplishment. We went to Dorean’s for a Colton fix. He is growing so fast and is getting more    beautiful every time I see him. He is a very good baby and fortunate to have a family around him that loves him so much. This was the high point of my day.
     Tuesday, today’ again not much going on. I did manage to take some of my good clothes to the tailor close by to get them taken in. she is very good and can do some amazing things.
     I haven’t mentioned anything about the place on my neck that is open and raw. It has been getting worse for the last few days, but now is getting a little bit better today. I have figured out how to cover it so I can go out in public and not gross anyone out. Not many things have changed with my body. My left eye still waters even worse than it did while I was getting radiation. Most of my eyelashes are gone on that eye. It looks rather strange but I think that they will grow back, at least I hope so. My nose is still full and will only come out if I use the Nettie Pot. The phlegm in my throat doesn’t seem to be as bad. I can swallow pills without choking on them now.
     Billy and I went to Chili’s to get a bite for dinner. To let you know how much I eat at a meal I’ll tell you what I had tonight. I ordered Chicken Strips with corn on the cob and fries. I ate 1 1/2l of the Chicken Strips, 3 fries and about half the corn. I was able to cut the corn off the cob so it was easier to get into my mouth. By the time I had eaten the little bit I was not hungry enough to eat anymore. When you can’t taste food it is not longer a nice experience to partake in. Billy is getting some good lunches from my leftovers.
     I would like to mention a dear friend of ours who needs prayer. Her name is Marta Jones. Her family is not a relation of ours, but we have known them for many, many years. She and her husband were missionaries for many years, but have lived in Arkansas, where we had known them, for several years. She had a very aggressive form of brain cancer and had surgery but has been having convulsions since then. Their children and our girls were friends growing up. Please pray for Marta as you remember to.
     I am finally caught up and I need to get to bed. I am watching an old sermon that Billy Graham gave in Glasgow Scotland in 1991. It is on the cross and is considered to be one of his best sermons. He will not be with us very much longer. He is a man that God has used mightily and heaven will be full of his converts. I know many people find reasons not to like him, but I think anyone that has not brought more into the Kingdom than he has, has no right to say anything against him.
     Good night dear friends. Have a great day tomorrow
     God bless,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


1 comment:

  1. I have learned that ones memories of past are not quite as important as others' memories of you...and it looks like you have a lot of people with loving memories for you...

    ReplyDelete