Thursday, August 2, 2012

 August 2, 2012
     I have missed a couple of days due to nothing much happening around here. Tuesday was a slow day not doing much but getting my hair cut. WOW! what a thrilling day. I felt much like I did on Monday.
     Then came Wednesday. It was actually the worst day I’ve had in the last 6 weeks. I’ve been wrapping my neck at night to keep the cream medicine from getting on my pillow. When I took the bandages off my neck was very raw, red and bleeding. Blood was running down the bandage which was soaking it up. It was scary looking. I called Dr. Manon’s office and got a return call from Karen his very efficient nurse. She said the week after treatment my body will react like I am still getting radiation every day. What a great piece of news! No wonder I was feeling so bad.
     I called my go-to-gal, Dorean and said I needed some cheering up so she came by when she got off work and brought Colton with her. He always makes me feel good just to look at that beautiful peaceful face and get some neck kisses. You know, of course, that the best kisses on a baby are on the back of their necks. Most people don’t think of kissing there so it is the cleanest and sweetest spot. None of the sugar has been kissed off.
     Today is a better day than yesterday. I am taking the pain medicine more often than I use to. It really helps or I wouldn’t bother with it. My neck is no longer bleeding, but is still seeping. I clean it an put my Silver Sulfadiazine on it several times a day. The place on my neck is about 6” long by 2” high. The skin is pealing off daily. I took a picture of it, but it is too gross to show you. So I will quit talking about it.
     I actually had a little energy today and got a load of laundry done. I feel like a housewife again. Perhaps tomorrow will be an even better day. Thankfully, I have the Lord carrying me through this hard patch as He as been there through the good times too.
     It time for my nightly ritual or getting ready for bed. Billy will be home soon from Bible Study at The Holy Land Experience. Tomorrow my acupuncturist will be back and I am looking forward to him making me feel better. I have missed him for the past two weeks.  
     Much love to all,
    Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment