Monday, July 30, 2012

7/30/12

Here I am reading the plaque above the bell. I don't remember what it said but they wanted me to      read it out loud.
                                                                Ringing the bell.
July 30, 2012
     Well folks, this turned out to be a truly blessed day. I went to M.D. Anderson expecting to probably have to get my last treatment. Billy, Dorean and Deanna went with me to cheer me on. I checked with the tech and she looked at my neck and said I could still get the treatment. I asked if I could talk to the doctor and she said sure so I went to his office and after a little wait we were taken to an exam room. In walks my sweet Dr. Manon with his beautiful smile and cheery disposition. He looked at my neck and said it was not necessary to have the last treatment. We were very happy with this news. I gave him the cake and he was surprised and appreciative. We went back over to the radiation area and they gave me my mask and certificate then we went to ring the bell. That was fun and satisfying. I made a little speech before I rang the bell. “I will ring the bell three times, one for the Father, one for the Son and one for the Holy Spirit. They all carried me through this journey.
Thank you.”
     We came home and I took my daily nap. This afternoon I caught up on some things that needed done. This evening there was a cheering crowd coming through the front door. It was Tim and Dorean, Daniel and Donna, Amanda, Michael, McKenzie and Colton, Deanna, David and Hannah. They were cheering and brought me 29 beautiful roses in a bouquet. That is the number of treatments that I completed. It was a happy celebration, but they did me the kindness of not bringing food, which I would not be able to taste. They say when I get my taste back we will have a wonderful dinner together. What a beautiful and glorious family we have!
     There are some pictures attached of me at the bell, enjoy. It seems like I have waited a long time for this day. I have learned so much and had so many blessings along the way. I can honestly thank God for the experience and all that has gone along with it. Not many get to experience all the things I have in this short time since it began in April. I must admit that I am hoping that He is through teaching me for a little while at least. I need to rest this old body before another class starts.
     God bless you all.
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .
 A great big hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment