Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 22, 2012
     Hello again. I’m sorry I haven’t checked in with you for a few days. The radiation has hit me full force now and I have absolutely no energy. They kept telling me I would not have any energy, but I did not expect it to be this bad. My  acupuncturist is out of town for two weeks just when I need him most. He was working on my energy level and it seemed to be working. He won’t be back until I  am through with radiation. I will still need him even then.
     Friday and Saturday I went to Dorean’s and held our little Colton for about an hour and a half. Just holding him seems to rejuvenate me a little. I have been going to bed at 8:30 or 9:00 for the past few nights. I just can’t keep awake after that.
     It is getting so much harder to eat anything now. After a few bites I just can’t force myself to eat anything more. I have to drink as many calories as I can. I try to get protein drinks. Today I have managed to get down about 22 grams of protein. That is close to normal of 25. I am afraid that I have lost too much weight this week and they frown on that and talk about feeding tubes. I will not accept a feeding tube because of all I have heard about them.
     So many things are pulling me down physically. The left side of my face looks burnt. It is dry and peeling and hurts in places. It is very hot to the touch. My ear is hurting and I can’t wear my earrings anymore because the piercing is leaking and getting hard. That is going too far. I don’t feel dressed without my earrings.   I am not telling you this to complain about my situation, but to have a written record of my progress. God is still good and is sustaining me through this. He is my strength spiritually and that carries me very well.
     I am no longer driving myself to radiation. I have someone set up for next week. Billy takes me on Monday. Carol Vincent, our song leader at church will take Tuesday. Wednesday my son-in-law, Tim, will take me. Thursday is Deanna and Rebekah’s day and Friday Donna will be back from Texas and will take me in. The team at the hospital are so nice about taking my folks into the room to see me get set up and tell them about what goes on. Next Monday several of the family are going because they make a big deal out of the last treatment. I get to ring a bell and there is much jubilation at that time. That will be a great day!
     I got a phone call from a pastor in Puerto Rico, Robert Bonilla, telling me that his church is praying for me. That means very much to me. We were there 2 years ago for Billy to hold a Prophecy Conference. It was one of the most beautiful experiences I’ve ever had. The people are just as precious and loving as they can be. It is all genuine and a blessing to see. Knowing that they are remembering me in prayer blesses me on this wonderful Sunday evening.  
     It is past time for me to get to bed. Tomorrow I get back into the routine for a week. I pray the time will pass quickly and not drag on. God will take me through it with flying colors and praise to Him. I am so fortunate to have Him carrying me on this journey.
     God bless you all.
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment