Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012
     11 down, 19 to go.
     They are not going to be there Wednesday, so that is going to mess up my configuration  because I will have to make it up on a Monday after my 6th week.
     Well, it was back to the RT this morning. Billy went with me and got to go in the room and see them get me ready for the treatment. I went from there for my Monday appointment with Dr. Manon. Whenever he comes into the room he always says, “How is my favorite patient  today?” I figure he says that to all the ladies. He is so pleasant, smiling all the time. He is going to be on paternity leave starting the 9th which is the day his baby boy is due. It is nice that he gets to have time off to be with his wife during that time.
     The watery eye and bleeding nose is to be expected, as are the sores in the mouth and sore throat. He gave me a prescription which will numb my mouth for awhile so I can at least eat without pain. I used it for dinner when Dorean’s family brought food over, I ate my soup, and we enjoyed their company.
     The new liquid worked and I was able to eat a whole bowl of soup without pain. I couldn’t taste it but at least I will get the nourishment from it. I made about a quart of my new Organic Whole Milk and sugar free Nestle’s Chocolate. I sipped on it, through the glass straw all afternoon and managed to finish the whole thing with my soup. Having a glass straw feels very elegant. Oprah always had water for her guests with glass straws in it. Several commented on how nice that was. So I feel like a big shot with my glass straw.
     Tomorrow Tim wants to go with me and see the set up. He had radiation about 24 years ago and wants to see how it has changed. He is such a good so-in-law. He works at Disney at Wide World of Sports and doesn’t go in till around 2:00 so he has mornings off. I am looking forward to going with him to my treatment.
      Here is a beautiful and comforting verse for me at this time in my life. It was on a card sent to me by my dear friend, Ann.
Psalm :18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and
my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom
I take refuge. He is my shield and the
horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I find my comfort in knowing that God is
my Fortress,
Surrounding me with His care.
He is my deliverer,
giving me victory over life’s troubles.
He is my Shield,
always loving and protecting me..
He is a Stronghold that will never fail.
     God bless you all.
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
D
on’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment