Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4, 2012
    No treatment today! I will have to go in on Monday after my 6th week. I feel like I am adding time instead of making up time.
     It was a wonderful day! Dorean, Tim, Amanda McKenzie, Deanna, Matt, Rebekah and Rachel were here. They grilled and made ice cream and we played games. What fun we had! I ate soup that Matt made for me. It was a healthy soup, but my taste is not working now so I can’t judge the taste of it.  I ate some of the ice cream, our family favorite Mountain Dew, but didn’t taste it. The coldness felt good in my mouth though.
     The fireworks have already started and our poor little Annie is  shaking and staying right on top of us. She has never tolerated loud noises very well. I guess all doggies are like that. She is so sweet, I hate to see her all worked up. When we go to bed in awhile she will crawl up under the covers and get next to Billy and stay for the night.
     My post yesterday was a little different than most of them. I just wanted to post it with no comments. I felt it spoke for its self. Sometimes I have to talk myself out of pity parties and there is nothing like looking at Jesus on the cross to get over myself. There is nothing to compare to what He did for me that doesn’t pale in comparison.
     Tomorrow I  will start treatment again and I am glad to put another one behind me. I haven’t been tired today like I usually am on the days I have RT. I got my prescription filled for a pain medication that is liquid. It says to take it every 3 hours, but I don’t like to take pain medications often or for very long. I take it before I got to bed and can get to sleep easier than without it. My mouth is very sore and painful so I take the numbing medication before I eat anything. I can swallow so much easier and without pain. I still have to eat soft things but at least it doesn’t hurt to eat them.
     It has been a great day which I fully enjoyed. We had fun playing a game called Headband. The game has bands that you put around your head and cards that you place in a slot on the band. You don’t know what is on the card. It is something like an animal, food or a thing and you ask questions to see if you can guess what is on the card in one minute. If you guess you get another card until you use up the time. Even McKenzie played it and just couldn’t control herself from giving hints to everyone.
     I hope you had a fun 4th and spent some time with your families.
     So good day, my friends. God bless you all.
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment