Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23, 2012
     26 down 4 to go!
     These last few days are the hardest I have experienced so far. To be able to get a glimpse of the end is heart warming, but it looks like such a hard climb. I seem to be having a difficult time getting there.
    I realized while in one of my pensive moods that I felt like I have been climbing a jagged rocky mountain for the past 5 1/2 weeks. It started off with a very gradual climb but the farther along I went on the journey the steeper the grade became. Not only was it steeper but I felt like the load I carried was getting heavier each day. Then I realized, that from the beginning I was not on this journey alone. I was not making the climb with my own strength and the load I thought I was carrying were the doubts and fears of my own making. When I quit thinking of my own pain and became silent for a moment, the Lord spoke to me in His quiet loving voice.

     “We are making this climb together. Can’t you feel my hands under yours? Your hands are resting on mine as I pull us upward towards the top. I am the one pulling on the sharp rocks to lift us higher up towards the top of this trial. It is My hands that bear the scars that help you on this climb. It is My feet that are scared by the large rocks that we must pass on the way to the top. When the rocks above us crumble and fall it is My head that they hit and mark with their sharpness. It is My side that is torn by jutting rocks as we move upward. We do not   stumble on this journey. It is My strength that has brought you this far. The small problems you have faced are nothing compared to what they would have been if I were not  holding you by My power and moving us upward. The small problems you have faced have only made you stronger to face what may be in your future. Even in those you will be carried in My power.
     We are so near the top now. Don’t let go of Me. Don’t look down at what has past in our journey together. Only look upward towards the goal that has been set for you to triumph through the pain, the doubts, and the fears of the past. Your victory is My victory. I give you this victory through My strength that you have depended upon throughout this journey. Victory is sweet, it is satisfying and beautiful. We will have other victories in the future. I will be there as I was for this. There is no shadow of turning with Me. There are no failures with Me. There is only victory and peace of heart. My grace is more than sufficient and I have proven that to you many times. You will rest in due time.”

     Much love to all,
     Mary Margaret

The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment