Friday, July 6, 2012

July 5, 2012
     14 down 16 to go. If they hadn’t taken off for the 4th I would be half way through. But now I will have to wait until Monday to be half way through.
     The side effects escalate with each treatment. The left side of my face is very red. I am putting everything on it that I can. I want to get rid of this redness before Monday which will make it much worse if I can’t get it cleared up. I keep putting drops in my eye several times a day. I can’t tell that it is doing much for the watering or itching. The other side of my nose has starting bleeding too. I reached behind my left ear to scratch something and came back with a handful of hair. Dr. Manon said I would lose my hair back there and it has started. It may not show much if I can pull the hair above it over the spot, providing I don’t lose a whole lot more.
     I came home after treatment today and was so tired I just put on my gown and went to bed. After a nice long nap I felt a little better.  I haven’t changed out of my gown and will be ready for bed when it gets a little later. Yesterday I took two naps. It is strange to be so tired that I don’t want to even bend over and pick up something that shouldn’t be on the floor or put a dish in the dishwasher. It is easier to just walk away from it and leave it alone. I don’t like to leave a lot of things for Billy to have to do when he comes home, but he does fill the dishwasher for me.
     Speaking of Billy, he fell today while getting up on the model of Jerusalem. He scratched his face and poked a hole in his hand. After all the years of stepping up into it this is the first time he has fallen. He said he got his feet tangled up.
     The picture was taken Wednesday while everyone was at the house for the day. That is McKenzie and Annie in my lap. Dorean took the  picture, it turned out pretty good. I usually take terrible pictured, but this one isn’t too bad. I’ll try to get pictures of the rest of the family to show you.
     I am looking forward to the week end and not having to drive over to MD Anderson for treatment. Such good things usually happen over the week ends.
     It is time to take this tired body to bed after doing all the fluoride and other treatments to my mouth. I’ll talk with you later.
     Have a lovely week end.
     Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment