Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27, 2012
     I have been derelict in “keeping up with Mary” for a few days. The weariness has come upon me in full force. It has been hard to do anything but sleep and nibble a little through out  the day. Eating is almost impossible now. I know I have to eat to keep up what little strength I have left but it is so hard. I have to cough up phlegm in my throat several times a day. If I don’t I can’t swallow anything.
     Tuesday I had an Ophthalmology appointment for him to check my eyes to see if the radiation had any affect on my eyes. I checked out fine. Another praise to the Lord!
     Wednesday  Tim took me to treatment and I rested for the rest of the day.
     Thursday Deanna,  Rebekah and Rachel went with me and it was my friend Emma’s last treatment, so I took her a  lovely vase of flowers to celebrate. Her appointment is after mind so we waited for her to get through. She was surprised to see me waiting in the area where patients ring the bell at their last treatment. I will miss seeing her in the waiting area.
     Donna was home and she picked me up and we went to see Colton and then to her house to see Daniel and David. It is nice to have them back.
     Today Donna took me to treatment , it was my next-to-the-last one. I can hardly believe that I have only one left. Monday will be a red letter day for me. It doesn’t mean that everything is over because I will have at least two weeks of feeling like I do right now but at least I don’t have to get up everyday and go to treatment. I hope the first thing to clear up is the phlegm in my throat. I can wait for the other things to get better. They will, I just have to be patient, and wait on the Lord’s timing. It is nice to be on this end of the treatments. When I started 30 treatments seemed like such a big number. As I look back on it I can be thankful that God was with me through the whole thing.
     In reading through the Proverbs I have found a few that are humorous to me. In Proverbs 20:14 it says, “Bad, bad, says the buyer, but when he goes away, then he boasts.” Isn’t that just like when someone buys a car, but tells the salesman that isn’t such a good deal, but when he tells his friends about it he says it was a great deal. That is so he doesn’t look foolish but looks like he drove the salesman down. 
     Another is in Proverbs 26:15, “The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth.” I think that is about how I feel right now. I’m too tired to even put food in my mouth.
     The last one is Proverbs 26:18, 19, “Like a madman who throws firebrands, and arrows, and death is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, “I am only joking!” ” This just goes to show you that people are still the same throughout time. Someone plays a dirty trick on someone else and then says “I was joking.“ How many times have we heard this.
     This is enough for tonight. I’ll try to do better with “keeping up with Mary.”
     So good evening, my friends. God bless you all.
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment