Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 13,2012
     Sorry not to have written for the past week. It has been a very busy time around the Jones’ household.
     Wednesday I had an appointment at my eye doctor. She said my eyes were looking very good. I had one regimen for my left eye and another one for the right eye. It is a bit confusing but I made a little chart to help me out.
     Thursday I did some little jobs around the house getting ready for our company. It turns out that all our company was coming in on the same plane. Billy’s brother, Barney and his daughter Lorri, went from Monroe, LA to Shreveport LA and our friends from Arkansas also drove to Shreveport to catch the same plane. Donna and I went to the Sanford airport to pick up James and Carolyn, our friends from Arkansas. James and Carolyn’s daughter, Cindy was with them as well as their son and his wife. It was good to see all of them. After a time of visiting we all went in different directions. James and Carolyn rode to our house with Donna and I. Barney and Lorri rented a car to drive to the hotel downtown Orlando. The rest had rented a car to drive to stay with some friends in Claremont.
     Friday I took James and Carolyn to the farm in Claremont where the rest of their family was. Billy took Barney and Lorri to see The Holy Land Experience. We spent the day in the most relaxing surroundings I have ever been in. Dan and Rebecca have about 350acres. They built a barn like structure and have furnished it in a western motif that is unbelievable. There are 3 large lakes on the property and they are full of fish. They built a Bunkhouse for people to sleep in. It is a lovely place and I enjoyed every minute there. We have known Dan’s parents for more than 50 years and enjoyed seeing them again. I had such a great time that I asked if I could come back Saturday and bring some of the family. They were so gracious and said yes. That night we all went to Dorean’s to celebrate McKenzie’s birthday. It was lots of fun!
     Saturday we loaded up in the car. Daniel, Donna, Barney, Lorri, Billy and I and headed out for the farm. We spent the day fellowshipping with friends and had a big fish fry for lunch. The men had caught all the fish in the lakes on the property. That night our family came over to spend time with our friends from Arkansas. It was divine!
     Sunday we said “good-bye” to all our friends and family. It was another wonderful Sunday. We had to move the services into a bigger auditorium because of the number of people that came.
     Monday and Tuesday were slow days. I am waiting for Dr. Giday’s office to find out when my stomach procedure will happen. I was hoping to be done with it by Thanksgiving, but I don’t know now.
     God gave me these verses this morning.
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,                                as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.  I  Peter 4:12, 13     I don’t know what He has in mind, but I am trusting that He will see me through it as He has everything in the past. He is the awesome God of the universe!
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
     The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment