Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1, 2012
     Tuesday morning Deanna and I went to Altamonte Springs (to you not familiar with Florida the “e” in Altamonte is silent) We arrived at 7:00 and I went back for pre-surgery at about 7:30. There were many questions to answer and they had to check all my medications that I had to take. That took at least another 30 minutes. I then was taken to a big lounge chair where they connected me to the blood pressure machine and the oxygen monitor and a nurse inserted the IV needle. She did it on the first try which is hardly ever done. Another nurse came by to put several drops in my eye. Every time she came which was probably about 7 times, she asked me my name, date of birth, which eye they were doing and what procedure I was having done. Even though she had been there 5 minutes before she still had to go through the same thing. Every one that did anything ran through that same procedure. They put a blue dot over my eye and a shield on my right eye to be sure they didn’t do anything to it. After about an hour they came to get me to go to the operating room. They just wheeled the chair and all into the room. A nurse put a yellow disinfectant around my eye and another nurse said he was going to start the IV, which felt like cold water going in. I didn’t feel any different and I didn’t go to sleep, I was wide awake. They taped my eye open and the operation began. I don’t know what they were doing but all I could see was a kaleidoscope of colors and in less than 10 minutes they were wheeling me out. After a 5 minute talk on what I could and couldn’t do I was wheeled out in a wheel chair and we went home. I am not suppose to bend over, get water in my eye or lift more than 10 pounds, which mean I can’t pick up Colton. I put 3 different drops in my eye 4 times a day and Saturday I begin to put 2 different drops in my right eye   until after surgery on Tuesday when it will go to 3 medications. This is very long and I hope not too boring. All in all it is a very simple and painless procedure. I wear my big dark glasses when I go outside and they don’t look too bad because big sunglasses are “in” now. I you have to have cataract surgery don’t worry about it, it is a snap.
     Yesterday I went for my post op check upon my left eye. The doctor said it was looking very well and that my vision couldn’t be better at this time. I don’t see right now as good as I will in this eye, but it will be great to have both eyes fixed.
     Tomorrow I have a biopsy on the know in my neck and a consultation with a gastro??????? whatever he is. I thought I was going to have a procedure but he won’t do it until he has had a consultation with me. I will let you know who that goes tomorrow.
     I spent most of the day making a birthday card for McKenzie. She is into My Little Pony right now so that is what I used. It is kind of cute with a 3D effect to it.
     Time to go through my bedtime ritual now.
     God bless you all.
     Mary Margaret
The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment