Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012



     I wanted to send this picture for you all to see how young I look. (lol) I wore my wig to the grocery store today and no one spoke to me. I guess they didn’t recognize me. (ha) It is  beginning to feel very comfortable and natural. I think I would like to wear my hair like the wig when my hair gets healthy again. Let me know what you think about it. There’s a new red head in the neighborhood!
     Saturday night I went to the shower for  Bethany. It was nice and they had so much good food for us. She got nice gifts and a good time was had by all. I got to see David and Hannah’s beautiful house. They are starting out pretty good for young newlyweds. We were not as well equipped as they are. Remember those days?
     Sunday was beautiful! It was a cool and bright sunshiny day. We had a wonderful message and beautiful music the theme of the music was Zion. Carol, our song leader usually tries to have a theme for our music.
     Today was a big day. I got the results of my PET Scan from Dr. Milas. Here are the results: there were two spots that “lit up” on the Scan, my stomach and the knot under my left ear that has been there since the surgery. He had his office make an appointment for me with a Gastroenterologist who is going to send a little camera down my throat into my stomach and see what no one has ever seen before. This may be a good thing, maybe he can see what this glob of phlegm in my throat is and how I can get rid of it. I have to constantly clear my throat all day long. I will be going there on this Friday. To continue, I am going to have to have a   biopsy on the knot but they haven't given me an appointment yet. I guess they will call  tomorrow. Anyway, I was expecting  something like this, God had already prepared me for it. I am not worried about it, He is still the same God that brought me through 2 other cancers and He will take me through this one, if it turns out that either one of these spots are cancer. It seems that this is to be the way I live my life going forward. I can now add Dr. Giday to my ever increasing list of MD’s.
     I almost forgot, we early voted this morning. We went at 10:00 and finally finished at 12:00. There were soooooo many people there. It was very cool, in the mid-fifties. When we were in the sun it was comfortable but when in the shade it was pretty cold. I’m happy to have done my civic duty has been performed. I always get a little rush when I am standing in one of those desks and filling in the little ovals on the ballot. We had 3 pages of ballots, front and back. I pray my ballot will count for the good cause and will be the one that sends us over the top.
     Tomorrow at 7:30 I will be having my first cataract removed. I am getting up at 5:30 so I can be ready to hit the road at 6:30. Poor Deanna is going to have to take me and bring me home. All my girls have been so patient and caring through the things I have put them through with all my problems. Thank God that they are loving and caring and living a victorious  Christian life. Seeing them love the Lord is my greatest joy in life.
     This brings you up to date on the life and times of Mary Margaret.
The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

No comments:

Post a Comment