Tuesday, October 2, 2012


October 2, 2012

     It has been a couple of slow days. Billy is off on Mondays so we did some things that took both of us to carry off like, taking my car to get some little repairs done and than picking it up and taking it to get 2 new tires. Now my little “Pretty Thing” (stands for PT Cruiser) is in tip top shape. I love my PT.

     We went to Sam’s to get a few things then came home to get ready to take Deanna and Matt out for his birthday dinner. His birthday was last month but I couldn’t taste anything and didn’t want to go to a nice restaurant and not enjoy it. We went to Bonefish Grill. It was fabulous! I introduced Matt to their Coconut Cream Pie and he fell in love with it. Billy and Deanna don’t like coconut so we didn’t give them any. They had a delicious Crème Brule and enjoyed it, but not as much as Matt and I loved ours.

     Today I spend 8 1/2 hours creating a beautiful birthday card for Rebekah who is turning 16 this month. It is so hard to believe she is that old already. Deanna is throwing a big surprise party for her. It’s going to be lots of fun. It won’t be until the 18th which is 3 days after her actual birthday. If I say so myself, it is an awesome card, with lots of colors, sparkles and ribbons.

     See what an exciting life I live when I don’t have to go to radiation or a doctor’s office. I do have some days that are just ordinary events in the life of a cancer survivor. I love those days. They are a precious gift from God.

     Good night from a tired woman who worked on a card all day. It gets me in my neck and    shoulders. One of the prices of getting old.
     Love you all.
     Mary Margaret

 
The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment