Thursday, October 25, 2012


October 25, 2012
     Well, yesterday I started the day very early, 6:30. I don’t think I have been up that early in months. Anyway, I had to go to Florida Eye Clinic to have my eyes measured for the lenses to put in my eyes when I have cataract surgery on Tuesday. It didn’t take long and went well. I will go in on Tuesday but I don’t yet know what time. Someone will call me on Monday to let me know. The rest of the day was spent going to the acupuncturist and being here when Kathy came to give Annie her bath and haircut. Annie loves Kathy but really hates the bath and clipping. She used to run and hide under the desk of my computer but I have learned to close all the doors before Kathy gets here.
     I worked on some wedding cards to have on hand. My supply of backup cards was depleted and now it is well stocked again. I was happy to get to bed and catch up on the sleep I missed that morning.
     Today began at a more reasonable hour. I finished my cards, which look actually look very pretty. I picked on our for my grandson’s wedding November 30th. This will make 3 of Donna’s 4 boys that are married. I didn’t know I would see this day. When they were little it seemed like such a long way off. I am truly thankful that God has allowed me to see this wonderful event.
     Someone from the Eye Clinic called this morning and wanted to get my medical history. This took almost an hour. She said for me to go to where I kept my perscriptions and take them  out one by one and read the name, mgs, and dosage. I had already given them this information on my last visit and the doctor sent them my list also, but I gave it to her anyway. Then she tells me to bring all the bottles with me on Tuesday. I asked her was she kidding and she said no. I have had major cancer surgery and they didn’t check things out that thoroughly. WOW!
     This afternoon was the best fun I’ve had in awhile. My hair has been thinning out pretty fast. Dorean, Amanda, Colton and I went wig shopping. We found a wig place that was    amazing. There were hundreds of wigs of all colors and lengths. The girls picked out a red one for me to try on and they really liked. Dorean said I should get something that looks different. Well, that is what I did. I’m going to try to get a  picture to put on my blog. Dorean sent a picture to everyone in the family and they all say it makes me look so much younger. How about that? It is a light red, short and straight with bangs. Very different from my normal hair. I love it!
     You can see how exciting my life is. Don’t you wish you could follow me around for awhile? Can you take the excitement?
     Good night all. Love you lots.
     Mary Margaret
    The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment