Saturday, October 20, 2012


October 20, 2012
     It has been rather uneventful since I last wrote my blog. When Dorean is gone the spice is out of my life. She has a way of keeping things going around here. She and Tim will be home late tonight or sometime tomorrow. I know McKenzie and Colton will be happy to see their “Honey” again. So will we all.
     I will go back to Thursday night when I went to Rebekah’s surprise birthday party. She was very surprised. It was a great party especially for the kids that came. We had pizza, Greek salad, garlic knots and for dessert, a brownie trifle which is Deanna’s specialty. It used to me mine, but I have relinquished the recipe to her and now my specialty is Macaroni and Cheese.
     Friday night we took Amanda, McKenzie and Colton out for dinner. I kept Colton while they went to a “Movie in the Park” that Ocoee has each Friday. They took a blanket, snacks and insect repellent. Our little town of Ocoee has some little things going to try and make it a great place to live. We have a Farmer’s Market every Friday evening. This is a pretty good place to live.
     Today was very slow until Amanda brought McKenzie and Colton over for me to take care of while she worked the concession stand at a ball game. There are benefits when Dorean goes out of town and Michael is working out of town. I get to see more of my great-grandchildren. McKenzie and I made little bracelets out of her new bead kit while Colton took one of his 15 minute naps. He is laughing and smiling so much now. He is just too cute!
     I am looking forward to tomorrow. Sundays are my favorite day of the week. They were even    better when we used to have all our members at the Bible Study on Sunday night. They are greatly loved and missed. We pray their health will allow them to come back someday.
     I will try to write again tomorrow. I will have to be on a no carb diet tomorrow because I have the PET Scan on Monday. It is hard not to eat any carbs but it is for only one day. I’m really not suppose to eat many carbs anyway because they turn into sugar and it sends my blood sugar up. I didn’t realize how many carbs I ate until I had to cut down on them. It seems that carbs were my main source of nourishment before diabetes.
     Have a great night all.
     Mary Margaret
 
The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment