Tuesday, October 23, 2012


October 23, 2012
     I’m baaaaaaaak! This is gong to be a very busy week. Lots of appointments to meet. I’ll start with Sunday. It was a wonderful day. The weather was beautiful, a little nip in the air which I love. Beautiful services and fellowship with dear people and friends. Tim and Dorean got home at mid-night Saturday night so we went over to see them after Bible Study. It is so good to have them back. They had a great time in Texas and spent a whole day at the Texas State Fair. It is good for them to get away, but we are glad they are back.
     Monday was busy. It started with an appointment for a PET Scan. As usual they had trouble  finding a vein. After 2 tries they finally brought in the chief of the department who was very good. I had requested the best one that could find difficult veins and as usual, the first two thought they were the best. It took a whole hour to get the vein and another hour to wait for the radiation to get through my system and about 45 minutes for the actual test. I will find out the results on Monday. It all depends of God’s will now.
     Today I had a little running around to do. First a haircut. Genny is my beautician and has been for about 3 years I think. She agrees with me that my hair is coming out. I’m going to have to get a hold of my radiation oncology nurse to see what to do about it. I have always had thick hair but it is really thin now. Maybe I will be getting a wig. I think that might be nice, for awhile anyway. I might try something different since I have been wearing my hair basically the same way since high school.
     I got a Francesca Battistelli CD so I can listen to her song “This is the Stuff” in my car. (I wrote the words in my blog of October 11.) It really is easy to get bogged down in our little “stuff” and concentrate on that and not on all the beautiful things God is doing for us. It’s funny how just a few word of a song can reveal such an amazing truth. I’m sure the principle of the “little stuff” and the “big blessings” is in Scripture but the song makes it so simple. I will have to spend some time finding the verses in the Bible.
     I found some DVD’s of the first four seasons of the old Bob Newhart Show at Sam’s and we have been enjoying them and laughing so much. They were such great shows and the humor is so different than what we laugh at now. Those were really the “good ‘ol days” of TV.  Some of the shows are good now, but not many. We seem to be hung up on some of the reality shows, they are better “scripted” than the professional shows. One of our favorites is “Duck Dynasty.” I guess we find it so funny because it is filmed not too far from our home town of  El Dorado, AR., West Monroe, LA. If you can find it I think you will enjoy it too. I can’t stand “Honey, Boo Boo.” I don’t know why it is such a hit.
     Anyway, this is all you will hear from me tonight. I have a busy day tomorrow. At 8:00am I have an appointment in Altamonte Springs which is about 25 miles from my house, to get the measurements done for the lenses for my eyes when I have the cataract surgery on Tuesday. I will also be going to my acupuncturist in the afternoon. I am buying a lot of new cars for a lot of my doctors.
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
     The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment