Sunday, September 25, 2011

09/25/11

     There was a woman in the land of Florida whose name was Mary Margaret and that woman was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away from evil. There were born to her three daughters, four granddaughters, four grandsons and one great-granddaughter. Her daughters used to hold feasts in her house.
     Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and  Satan also came among them. The LORD said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth and from walking up and down on it.” and the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Mary Margaret, that there is none like her on the earth, a blameless and upright woman, who fears God and turns away from evil?” Then Satan answered the LORD and said, “Does Mary Margaret fear God for no reason? Have you not put a hedge around her and her house and all that she has, on every side? You have blessed the work of her hands, and she has possessions. No harm has ever come to her or her family. Her life has been without trouble and her needs have always been supplied abundantly.” But Satan said , “Let me touch her with the disease of a small cancer.” And God said, “You may not touch her with the disease of a small cancer.” And Satan said, “Let me touch her with the disease of a melanoma cancer.” And God said, “You may not touch her with the disease of a melanoma cancer.” Then Satan said let me touch her with the disease of Merkel Cell Carcinoma.”  And God said, “Yes you may touch her with this most serious and rare cancer because she is a rare woman and it will prove to you her trust in me.” So Satan touched her with the serious and rare cancer.
     Her faith is strong, her family and friends are around her in prayer and her trust is wholly on her God. She knows God will provide His will to her and bless those who hold her up with their faith.
     I hope no one is offended by my putting myself in Job’s place. He was certainly a more Godly man than I am as a woman, but Satan still had to get permission to strike me with this cancer and God must be sure of my faith to allow him to do it. We are all somewhat in Job’s place at some time or other. It is so uplifting to know that the same God is still on His throne as He was with Job. There is no doubt in my mind that God’s will is going to prevail and I am going to be greatly blessed through this trial. In many ways I already have been. God bless you all and thanks for your comments and prayers.


1 comment:

  1. I love you Mary Margaret..and my prayers are place at the throne of God our Father..my prayer is for His Glory and His alone...He has used you in many mighty ways..touching so many lives, families, young and old...you have been a blessing to my family, and continue to be a blessing...as I ponder on your words from this blog....God truelly uses His servants through the ages...thank you for sharing tour lufr trials and victories wirh us, your family, friends and prayer partners...when we don't know what to say the Holy Spirit fills the space ...I am there I do not know what to say..except I will continue to lift you, your family, every physician, and caregiver that comes your way up the the Lord for His wisdom and grace, guidance, and love to be overwhelming and abundant...may His will be done, and that as we speak, speak boldly in the name of Jesus, that as you travel this path He is in control..this is no suprise to the Omniscient God you serve! Love you!

    ReplyDelete