Wednesday, September 26, 2012


September 26, 2012

    It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do since my last blog post so I will begin and see how far I can get today. I went back and check on my last few posts and found that I was not feeling quite up to my old self before radiation. At that point I still could not taste and had very little appetite. I had begun to have a strange thing happen when I drank cold water. It began with just a little bad taste in my mouth and gradually the taste became so foul that I couldn’t drink cold water. I found out by accident it wasn’t the water that was giving me the bad taste but the coldness of it. I couldn’t eat or drink anything cold without getting that taste. So I     began to drink only room temperature water and it was fine. That lasted for about 4 weeks and it gradually went away.

     At his point most of the side effects of radiation have gone away. I had a 6 week      appointment with the radiation oncologist and he said I was doing a remarkable job of healing.

It took just 3 weeks for my neck to completely heal. It was remarkable! I went to the dental oncologist and things were perfect. I had not lost any of the ability to open my mouth. I actually opened it farther than I did when she measured it before radiation. She was surprised at that.

     I am amazed at how quickly the side effects are vanishing. There are still some with me, but they are some that I can live with if I have to. The hair and eyelashes I’ve lost have not come back yet. I really do want my eyelashes back but I can live with the hair loss. There is still some phlegm in my throat and my nose and mouth are very dry, but not something I can’t live with if I have to.

     God has given me a thought for this journey I have been on. I was talking with someone the other day and the sentence came from my mouth that had never been in my brain. That has happened to me one other time. Something came out of my mouth without first going through my brain. What I said was that this experience I had been having for the past few months was not a physical experience, it was a spiritual experience. That sums it up perfectly. My spirit was learning, growing and being healed more than my body. That is truly exciting for me. It is something that I have needed for such a long time. God knew that and He used this means to work a miracle in my spirit. It actually began last year about 4 months before I even found out I had cancer for the first time. All the pieces have fallen into place. I don’t know if the picture is finished yet, but God will perform that work in me in whatever matter He chooses.

     This is all I am going to give you for today. I’m tired and my bed is calling me.

     Love to all of you,
      Mary Margaret
     The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment