Thursday, September 27, 2012


September 27,2012

     I’m back again. I will continue with my progress of healing.

     About 3 weeks ago I was able to start back at my gym. It felt so good! I also started back doing Tai Chi. I take each day as a gift from God and try to honor Him in what I do. Of course, I am not always successful because I am still human.

     Perhaps you may remember in 1956 when 5 missionaries were speared to death by a tribe of Auca Indians in Ecuador. When Billy was in Bible College I read Through Gates of    Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot, the wife of Jim Elliot, who was one of the martyred with the other 4.  I found some books on Kindle written since then and have been reading them and  getting such a blessing from them. I would like to recommend them as very good and inspiring reading. The Savage My Kinsman, Jim Elliot: one Great Purpose, Rachel Saint: A Star In the Jungle, Nate Saint: On a Wing and a Prayer, Elisabeth Elliot: Joyful Surrender and End of the Spear. On the internet you can get updated information and the Saints. Nate Saint’s grandson, Jesse, is now with the tribe that killed his grandfather and there is much love between them. The story is amazing and a testimony of what God can do through a life that is totally        dedicated to Him. I hope you will read some of these books and enjoy them as much as I have.

     This week I had a special treat. On Monday Billy and I went to Lakeland which is about, 1 1/2 hours from here, to meet Beverly and Tom for lunch at Abuelo’s, a Mexican restaurant we meet at often. It was wonderful to see Beverly again, I haven’t seen her since early April. It is  always a treat to spend time with them.

     This morning I had an appointment with my Ophthalmologist and found out that I am going to have cataract surgery sometime in the next few weeks. There is a possibility that I won’t have to wear glasses afterwards. That will be amazing!

     Yesterday I mentioned the Word from the Lord about my experience not being a physical experience but a Spiritual experience. It has dawned on me that all of a Christians experiences should be Spiritual. We should live our lives each moment in the Spirit. I have heard others say that but the meaning and reality of it did not hit me until recently. I am a little slow at getting things sometimes.

     This evening I am going with Deanna to see my granddaughter, Rachel 13, play Lacrosse. She is very good at it. I haven’t been able to see her play because most of her games are during the day and I can’t get out in the sun. Last week I was able to go to a night football game to see her sister, Rebekah 16, as a cheerleader. She is a natural at it and so adorable. They are both in a Charter school. These are two very talented and brilliant girls. I am very proud of them, not for the natural abilities but for their love of the Lord and the way they live their lives.

     It turns out that there was lightning alert and a little rain at the practice field so the girls weren’t able to play. We didn’t even get out of the car. In Florida, when there is a lightning alert they don’t allow games to play. Florida is second only to an area in India in lightning strikes. We are very cautious about lightning around here. Anyway, we had a lovely ride to the field and some great conversation. Any amount of time spent with my girls is a prize.

     Goodnight my friends,
     Mary Margaret
    The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me
 

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment