Friday, September 28, 2012


September 28, 2012

     I have been home most of the day. I did take a little trip to the store this morning, but have just been keeping myself busy around the house. I did try to get something useful out of my gift (this day the Lord has given me). In my Bible reading some verses took on new meaning to me. I love when that happens. I Corinthians 15:45-49 says,

Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”;

the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

But is it not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.

The first man was from the earth, a man of dust;

the second man is from heaven.

As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust,

and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.

Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust,

we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

     All that was said for us to realize that someday we will not be as we are, if we are one of the chosen of God. When I look in the mirror now all I see is the dust that I am made of. There is nothing attractive about dust. The only thing good about dust, that I can think of is that it can be written on. (Like you sometimes see “Wash me” on the back of a dirty car.) We can write on ourselves a message to God that says “Wash me.” I know I need to write that message in my dusty self very often. But the day will come when the dust is no more and if I were able to look into a mirror in Heaven I would see an image of Jesus. At this time the only image of    Jesus I can project is in my behavior and sometime the dust gets in the way and His image is not very clear in my behavior. I am so happy that I found this today, a day when I really didn't accomplish anything else. Perhaps this was all He wanted me to accomplish today.

     It is once again time to start getting ready for bed. I still have to do the ten minute fluoride treatment on my teeth (I will have to do this everyday for the rest of my life) and the dentist added another little treatment for me to do twice a day after I brush my teeth. Suddenly, my teeth have become very important in my life.

     Have a good and blessed night.

     Mary Margaret

The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”

Remember to E-mail me

angel8mmj@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment