Saturday, September 29, 2012


September 29, 2012
Dear Friends,

     It was a lovely day. I did a few things around the house and then went to the grocery store. Around her that would be Publix, the best store in the south east. I was looking at a shelf when someone came up behind me and put his arms around me and I turned to see Benjamin my youngest grandson. He is a produce clerk there and I see him often when I am in the store. He is a beautiful young man and it is such a joy to have a handsome young man like him come up and give me a big hug and not be embarrassed by hugging his grandma Mimi. That made my morning.

     This afternoon Dorean, Amanda and MacKenzie came to get me and we were going to see MacKenzie do her cheerleading way across town. Well, when we got there we were told that their game was rescheduled for two hours later. We bribed MacKenzie with a trip to Olive Garden, her favorite restaurant, to get her to leave and not wait around there in the hot sun. I can’t be in the sun anyway so that was fine with me. So we went to OG and had a delicious salad. Colton stayed with Aunt Donna so I dropped the girls off so they could catch the Florida State Seminoles game. They are the biggest fans you ever saw. I went to pick up our precious little Colton, Donna only lives a block from Dorean, and I got to hold him for awhile. During half-time Amanda brought me home and picked up her car. That’s it for my big Saturday.

     I found a passage that I had written on my blog some time ago. It is I Chronicles 29:10-13,
Wherefore David blessed the LORD before all the congregation: and David said,
Blessed be thou, LORD God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.
Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory,
and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine;
thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou are exalted as head above all.
Both riches and honour come of thee,
and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might;
and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.
Now therefore, our God, we thank thee,
and praise thy glorious name.

     I get excited about verses and songs that glorify God, who He is and what He has done. I love to find ways to thank Him and praise His glorious name. These verses are a great picture of His sovereignty. Aren’t we blessed to have the God of the Universe reigning over us in all His power, might and strength.
What a mighty God we serve.
What a mighty God we serve.
Angels bow before Him,
Heaven and earth adore Him.
What a might God we serve.

We love to sing that at church and I shed tears of joy almost every time.

God bless you all.
Mary Margaret
The big “C” in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little “c” cancer.”
Remember to E-mail me

 

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment