Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11/09/11

     11/03 & 11/04 We just enjoyed resting and reading and walking around the ship for the last two days at sea. Donna and I attended a Q & A with the steel drum band. They were so cute and very interesting. I bought a CD which I know we will enjoy. The dining room servers did a cute napkin dance for us and some other antics. They were such a great bunch of servers. Our server was Punto and he always had a glass of iced green tea ready for me when we sat down for dinner. I wish I could sleep as well at home as I did on the ship. The little bit of rocking must have been what did it for me. Anyway, I enjoyed my last night on ship and woke up early ready to disembark. It was a prettt easy process.
     We were finally on our way home from Ft. Lauderdale. We didn't want to quit "cold turkey" on eating every 2 hours so we stopped at  Wendy's and got French Fries and Frosties. Annie and Sassy were very happy to see us. It was good to see them too.
     It was so good to see our family again. As Dorothy once said, "There's no place like home."
     11/05 We had two birthday parties in the family today.  McKenzie's was this morning at our house. After all we are the party house! Her birthday is actually Tuesday and she will be 5. Saturday night we had Benjamin's party at Donna's house. His birthday isn't until next Saturday but Daniel will be in LA then. Benjamin will turn 18.
     11/06 Sunday at last. So good to be back with our wonderful fellowship. We went to the Elephant Bar with a pastor and his family that visits our church occasionally. Their three girls sing with beautiful voice just like ours used to do before they all got married. It was a nice visit with them and a great meal too.
     11/07 Spent the day trying to get myself organized around the house. Amanda, Michael and McKenzie stayed here so I had to rearrange the refrigerator and pantry. They had to clear out a spot for their groceries. It seems like it didn't take very long for me to get back into my living rut. It is very comfortable there.
     Dorean gave me a short book to read called How to Pray by R.A. Torrey. I thought I would read the first chapter today, which turned out to be half of the book. It is very enlightening about how to pray effectively. I recommend it.
     11/08 Made a card for McKenzie's birthday. Today is her actual birthday. I don't make as many cards as I used to. It was beginning to take up my life. I really did enjoy it, but it began to put pressure on me so I cut down on it. I still make Christmas cards and cards for the family.
     11/09 Finally, I am caught up. Whew!! Today was Billy's day off so we did the shopping thing at Sam's. Did a little Christmas shopping while there. I am usually through with it by now but have been busy with other things lately, like cancer.
     We pick up McKenzie from preschool on Wednesday and I get her on Thursday. We enjoy our time with her. She is growing up so fast. Usually we wait till we have picked her up to go to Sam's and she gets to pick out a book every week. She got so much for her birthday that we thought we would skip the book at Sam's this week.
     I finished the book on prayer and it is amazing! I am going to read it again at least one more time. It makes so much sense. Dorean said all you have to do is google the name and author and since it is out of print you can just print it off the internet. (Reminder-How to Pray by R.A. Torrey.) I'm sure it will enhance your prayer life as I think it is doing for me.
    I'm glad to be caught up and I hope this hasn't been boring for you. I'll try to do better the rest of the week. Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment