Monday, November 14, 2011

11/14/11

     Had a very busy day today. I was away from home most of the day and wore myself out going from place to place. I got photographs printed that we had made on the cruise. These are the professional ones that were on a CD, they turned out really nice. Started buy things for Thanksgiving dinner and will begin cooking probably on Thursday. I like to plan ahead so I'm not in the kitchen all day on Thanksgiving. We always have a big family breakfast of pumpkin pancakes, with homemade maple syrup, lots of bacon, eggs if someone wants them, and juice. We have our big dinner late in the day so it doesn't interfere with those silly football games. I think it is terrible that they have games on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I am out numbered. I love to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade and don't want to be cooking during that time. Everyone comes over here and it gets crazy. My dear friend, Beverly, (we have been friends since high school and she was my maid of honor in my wedding) and her husband Tom have come for the past two Thanksgivings, but Tom is getting radiation and has to be in Duneden for that, we will miss them this year.
     Enough about Thanksgiving, it is a whole week away. Of course I started my day in Billy's office reading from my Reformation Bible and listening to one of R. C. Sproul's sermons from John. I was blessed by a verse in Isaiah 25:1, "O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure." He has certainly done wonderful things in my life and I will praise His name.
     Tomorrow Dorean  will go with me to see Dr. Shellenberger for my after surgery check up. It will be great to see him again and tell him about my zip line experience, I think he will get a kick out of it.
Good night all. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment