Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20, 2012

April 20, 2012

     Well, I said I would bring you up to date since my last blog post last year. That was in early November. I’ll start with Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful time with the whole family except for Joel (Donna’s oldest son) and Carissia, his wife. We had a time of thankfulness and, of course, my time with cancer and the cure was the thing we were most thankful for. What God did through that time changed us all in some way.

     We have birthdays on the 1st and 4th of December, Billy’s and Dorean’s. It is always nice to see one of our family get another year older because they are still with us.

     Christmas was a beautiful time because Joel and Carissa were able to be here from Dallas. Carissa is pregnant and due in July. It is a boy, his name is Landry James Howard. That will give us another great grandbaby. Dorean’s oldest, Amanda is also expecting in July, another boy for us, his name will be Colton Timothy Traywick. We are excited about adding two little great grand babies to our great grand daughter, McKenzie, she is 5.

     This year has been busy and passing so quickly. Billy is still at the Holy Land Experience. Our granddaughter, Alyssa, also works there. All the family is doing very well. Dorean teaches  a Bible study on Saturday morning and we are learning about the wonderful attributes of God. It is truly amazing!

     Our church fellowship is doing wonderfully. We have the sweetest and most devoted  people I have ever been around. We are so thankful for it and them.

     It is so comforting to know that people all over the world are praying for me and this new battle with cancer. I really feel carried by those prayers. Please keep remembering me. The main request I have is that God will be glorified and that I will learn what He wants me to accomplish for Him. He has given me this journey twice. I keep thinking that I didn’t learn what I was suppose to the first time and I really want to get it this time.

     I found a passage in 1 Chronicles 29:10-13, that has been a blessing to me. I read it often because it is praising God and giving so many of His attributes that we can trust in. Here is what King David said before an assembly of the Israelites after they had made their offerings to build the Temple.
“Blessed are you, O LORD, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever.
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.
And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.”

     Can you believe that a God like that would choose any of us to bring Him glory? It is    amazing to me every time I think of it.

     Good night and thanks for reading my thoughts.

Mary Margaret

The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!


No comments:

Post a Comment