Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22,2012

       Well, folks, this is it. The night before the big surgery. 
     That means a shower before bed tonight and another one tomorrow morning at 4:00 am, nothing to eat after midnight, which is not a  problem because I hope to be sound asleep before then. My little bag is packed with essentials like my Reformation Bible, Chronological Bible, my Kindle and a pink gown and robe.  I also have to take my pillow and my sound machine. I don’t think I can sleep without the steady white noise. It will be interesting to see if they let me run it.
     It has been a beautiful day. Wonderful service this morning with many visitors from places like Jamaica, Idaho, several other states and surrounding areas. We usually have people from around the world.
     Bible study was good, tonight, as always. I can’t imagine any group having a better time at Bible study than our group. We have the best group of folks anywhere!
   At this point I am a little more apprehensive about the surgery tomorrow just because I have been through it so recently (6 months ago.) It is going to be more aggressive than the other one, but God is still in control!
     Once again, I have verses from one of King David’s Psalms.
Psalm 28:6-7
Blessed be the LORD!
For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
And with my song I give thanks to him.

     The Lord is  certainly my strength and shield through this trial. I trust Him fully and my heart is calm and peaceful. I do have songs in my heart that give Him thanks for who He is and what He means to me.
     David and Paul are two of my favorite writers. They can speak to me through the Holy Spirit and it seems to be what I need at the time.
     I am going to get my shower now and try to go to bed early. I don’t know if I will go to sleep because I am not used to going to bed this early.
     Pray for the doctors, nurses, technicians and me some time tomorrow, please. It will mean a lot to me. Thanks.

Love and God’s blessings to you,
Mary Margaret

The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!


No comments:

Post a Comment