Thursday, April 26, 2012


April 26,2012

     I realized that I didn’t give you a copy of the little note I gave Dr. Shellenberger, but don’t   remember giving him. Here it is:    

Dear Dr. Shellenberger,                                                               April 23, 2012
     Well, here we are again. I think we have become a team—doctor and patient. Remember, that there is a third member of this little team, the Greatest Physician in all of eternity. He is the   Commander-and-Chief of our team and I am certain He will be guiding your hands today.
     Thank you for getting my surgery scheduled so you would be doing it and thank you for all the many things you have done in the short amount of time I have been privileged to have you as my physician. You are very kind and caring and that means a lot at a time like this. You will be missed, by many, I am sure.
     I thought you might be disappointed if you didn’t get a little note from me. I can’t let you down because you won’t let me down.
     God Bless You,
     Mary Margaret   

     I will be seeing him tomorrow afternoon and I hope he has the pathology report on the lymph nodes he sent them. That will be the determination on if I will have radiation or not.
     It has been a quiet day around here. Carol and Don Vincent (she is our song leader at church) dropped by for a while. They have been our dear friends for over 28 years. We enjoy their company and she is a great song leader because she always brings what God gives her for our music each Sunday.
     Deanna and Rebekah dropped by later. They are flying out to South Dakota tomorrow to surprise their good friend at a baby shower Saturday night. That should be a very nice surprise.
     I really haven’t had an appetite since the surgery, I just nibble on little things throughout the day. My throat is still soar when I swallow but this afternoon I was standing in front of the   refrigerator door and trying to think of something that sounded good. I saw some chicken broth and some rice that I had cooked before going to the hospital and that sounded pretty good so I warmed it up and it was actually enjoyable. I guess I need to focus on hot foods for my throat.
     I’m sure you found all that interesting, but my life right now is very calm and I am enjoying it very
     Billy teaches a Bible study every Thursday night at the Holy Land Experience and he won’t be home till after 9:15 so I have the evening by myself with Annie and Sassy. We will all probably just sit or lay around for the whole evening. That is about all they do anyway.
     It is time to see if I can sleep tonight. I think it is going to go better than it has the past few nights.
Good night
Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment