Friday, April 27, 2012


April 27, 2012

     Well, we got another miracle today. At my appointment with Dr. Shellenberger today he said that all the lymph nodes that were removed were clear of any cancer cells except for the one that we knew was there. He removed 21 nodes. I don’t know how many I am suppose to have but I think that may be the majority of them on my left side.
     He was carrying the note I gave him before surgery in his scrubs pocket. He pulled it out to show me. What a guy!
     Now, we need to weigh the options about radiation or not. Since no cancer cells were found in the nodes it would not be necessary for radiation, but that was the case last time also. I have another appointment next Tuesday to get stitches removed and talk with Dr. S. about the radiation options. Thursday I will meet with the radiologist and talk with him to find out more. We are all leaning towards getting the radiation because of a chance that there could be a little evil cancer cell floating around looking for a place to land and cause havoc in my life. We’ll be praying about it too to be sure we make the right decision.
     I also got the drip tube removed today and there was nothing to it. I am much more comfortable with it out. It was always pulling every time I moved. There was actually more of the tube in me than was outside.
     My swelling is going down a little every day. It still have a long way to go before I look more normal. I have figured out a way to wear scarves until I get the stitches out. It won’t look nearly as bad after that.
     Whoever was available went out for a celebration dinner tonight. It was the first time I have actually been hungry since the surgery. It sure did taste good.
     My kids give me a hard time about me posting my blog with mistakes in them. I am not a good proof reader so please overlook the misspellings and incorrect use of words, like soar   instead of sore.
     We are all amazed at God’s goodness where these cancers are concerned. It just doesn’t   usually happen this way. He is so good and loving. How do people live in this world without knowing and following Him? I can not give Him enough thanks and praise for choosing me to be one of His children. That is why I can say . . .
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment