Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 10, 2012
     No rain today! Good news, but we will be wishing for it to rain before too long because our lawns will be turning brown.
     Sorry not to have posted for a few days, but there wasn’t much going on around here. Friday was a “do nothing day.” I need one of those every once and a while. Saturday was good because of Bible Study and Dorean and I got to spend a little time together doing some errands. She stayed at the house awhile and helped me with my new phone. Yes, I am coming into the 21st century with my phone. I am not great with electronics but my girls are. I am learning how to use it little by little. I think I will really like it when I get the hang of it. I can text now!
     Today was special because we had church and it was a blessing, as usual. There was a    precious woman who escaped from Armenia in 1990. She was so interesting to talk with after the service. She had her son with her that is 8 years old. She talked about growing up and never hearing about God. Not until she came to the States. She said they were taught in school that Lenin was taught to be their god. They said pledges to Lenin and were taught that all things come from him and was given to them from Lenin. How very sad! There are people all over this world that are taught to trust in false gods and have never heard about the One True God of the Universes and the saving plan He has for His chosen. We are taught in Romans that if they believe in a little light that  God will reveal more light to them and that will continue in that way until they realize the truth of the God. I have heard stories about remote  African tribes and the natives have said to missionaries that they new they would come and give them the truth.
     I spoke too soon. It is 9:00 PM and outside it is thunder, lightning and a driving wind and pouring rain. We can always use the rain, but this is ridiculous.
     Bible Study was great. We had a couple visit for the first time. Nathan is a student and Ishah works with a organization called the Dream Center. They give people a hand up instead of a hand out. A very good work. She is on the radio, has a cooking show on TV and said she would like to use our kitchen to film in sometime. Maybe we can do that after I am through with radiation. They are young and very interesting to talk to.
     Tomorrow I have 3 appointments. 8:00 AM a 1 hour class on radiation. At 9:00 I go over to the Dental Oncologist to get the shunt for my mouth, then at 9:30 back to the Radiation Oncologist to get my mask made with the shunt in my mouth. It will be a busy day. We are making progress towards the big day. . . Radiation!
     By the way, I discovered I was mistaken about the fluoride past costing as much as I thought. It was the impression inserts that I paid $284 for. The fluoride can be bought at the pharmacy counter at any drugstore. WOW, what a relief!
     It is bedtime because we have an early morning and a big day tomorrow. I’m ready for it, God is in control and that is my comfort.
     God bless you all,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment