Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012
     1 down, 29 to go.
     The first radiation treatment was this morning and there really wasn’t much to it. They showed me the process of checking in. They gave me a card that I scan to let them know that I am there. They will come to get me and I check the computer room to be sure that it is my picture and records that are on the screens so I don’t get someone else’s coordinates instead of mine. They take me to the radiation room, I guess that is what they call it, I’ll have to ask. The machine looks like an MRI or CAT scan, a big doughnut with a table. I got on it and they gave me the mouth piece to put in my mouth, I got “strapped down” with the mask over my face. The mask is tight but not uncomfortable. When they took it off I had the impression of the net on my face. Billy thought that was funny. It faded after a short while. They played loud music the whole time I was in there. I think I will take my own CDs for the rest of the time. I had my Jerusalem stone in my hand and prayed the whole time I was in the machine. It does help the time to pass. I couldn’t feel, see or hear anything. There were some bright lights that seemed to go across my head, twice.
     As I was praying I found things to thank God for. He chose me and knew before the foundation of the earth that I would have the trial of MCC and would be in the very place I was in at this very time. I thanked Him that I was in the place He wanted me to be in at the time He wanted me to be there, right there in that machine getting radiation on my face and neck. That was such a comfort, knowing that I was in the perfect will of God and that he was there with me and taking me through it all the way. It looks like I will be getting in plenty of prayer time which is a good thing.
     I got a phone call from a dear high school friend this afternoon. Linda is one of the sweetest girls you could ever know. Yesterday we got an email from one of our best high school friends, Ron Hardcastle, he reminded us of things we hadn’t thought of for years. I am so excited about reconnecting with high school friends and discovering that so many are  Christians also. I am looking forward to the little reunion we will have in October. God has been good in letting me have contact with these wonderful guys and gals. We used to have such fun. High school in the 50’s was really the best of times. It was a great time to be growing up. It seemed so much safer than now. We had good clean fun and enjoyed each other for who we were, not for what we wore or how much money our parents had. Goodness knows I was among the lower income families in town, but they didn’t seem to know the difference. Wow, do I miss those times!
     I have to get on with my before bedtime routine now. It takes longer than it used to since I have several things added to my regimen. I’ll write again tomorrow.
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment