Wednesday, June 27, 2012


June 27, 2012
       At last, Dorean figured out how to post a picture. I will have to catch you up with some of our pictures but tonight I have the latest. Omar, one of the techs at radiology took this picture with my phone for me. Yes, that is me in that garb. The designer gown was designed my some psychopath that thinks comfort and beauty is not fit for hospital wear. It has 3, yes 3, sleeves in it. You put it on backwards and put your arms in two of the holes then the third is hanging in the back and you pull it around to the side and slip your arm into it. When I get into the room with the machine I take my arm out of the 3rd sleeve so the gown can be pulled down so the radiation can get to my neck and clavicle area. That’s all the information I have on the lovely gown. The blue ring on my tummy is oval shaped and soft rubber for me to hold onto because the table is not wide enough for the arms to rest on it. My rock is in my right hand but doesn’t interfere with me holding the ring. The mesh over my face is the famous mask that was made just for me. You could call it couture since it is one of a kind. It fits very tightly over my face and goes past my head and is attached to the table so there is no way I can move my head. The blue pillow like thing under my head was also made to form to my head. You can see a little of the machine that I am about to slide into. The medieval tortures had nothing on modern day medicine.
     The day started out raining but cleared up in late afternoon. It was good to see the sun again.
     I went to the acupuncture doctor this afternoon. He is very nice and I hope his stuff will work for some of my side effects. I sure do get relaxed while I am there. I was wondering if I would be able to drive home, but I made it.
     I am having some trouble with my nose bleeding off and on during the day. I had to stuff some Kleenex in my nose this morning for RT and again this afternoon at the doctors. It will just start running and won’t stop for awhile. Naturally it is on the left side so I figure it has something to do with the radiation. I’ll have to talk to Dr. Manon about it on Monday.
     This is something that was on a get well card.
With God,
every day is a day
to hope for the very best — 
to believe our prayers
are being heard,
to have faith
good news is on its way,
and to know
that anything can happen
between yesterday
and tomorrow.
     Good night and God bless.
     Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment