Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6, 2012
     It has been a rainy, gray day. But, the Son has been brightly shining in my life today. I went to Dr. Manon’s office this afternoon and he said the P.E.T. scan looked very good. This means that, at this point, there are no MCC cells forming new tumors any where in my body. From what he said it doesn’t mean that they won’t form some in the future. This is why it is so important to go forward with the radiation. He said he would put everything needed to prepare for radiation on a fast track. I have to get a mask made and it has to be tested then I can start. He would like to start next week, so I hope we can get everything done by then. I can only say, Praise to you Lord for Your unspeakable blessing towards me and answer to many prayers.
     I took a little stone with me today to ask if it was alright if I took it into radiation with me. This stone came from Jerusalem and a Jewish man took a sharp stone and scratched a cross on one side of it and gave it to Billy. Billy did an outdoor Jerusalem presentation with a model that is in Jerusalem. The man was so impressed with his presentation that he wanted Billy to have a momento from the place where he did the presentation. Now, for the reason I wanted to take the stone with me. . . when I feel like I really need contact with the Lord I hold out my hand and grab His, or at least, I feel like he is holding on to my hand. For the radiation I wanted something physical in my hand and as I was praying I thought of the stone. It will be perfect because it is from the place where Jesus walked, Jerusalem. Perhaps His foot touched it over 2,000 years ago. Anyway, I will take it with me and hold it in my hand while I imagine my physical contact with Jesus. Crazy? Maybe.
     All in all it has been a great day. We desperately needed the rain around here. I got to spend time with Dorean at the doctors and at Cracker Barrel afterwards and I got a wonderful answer to prayer. Who can ask for more than that? I’m happy!
     Have a great night and day tomorrow.
     Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment