Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3, 2012
     I took a couple of days off from my blog mainly because there was noting in particular that I thought you might find interesting.
Friday’s high point was going out to a mall with Dorean, Donna and Alyssa. There is a place there called “Charming Charlie’s” and they have the most unique jewelry and accessories. It is one of my favorite shops. Plus, I was spending time with two of my daughters and a grand daughter. I can’t do anything that is more special to me. They are great!
     Saturday was Bible Study in the morning which was awesome, as usual. I ran errands that afternoon and got my hair cut. (That is some really riveting things for you to read about.)
     Today was a blessing. Church was great! Billy was preaching from Matthew 24. That is sometimes thought of as the “rapture chapter.”  We have an interesting position on the rapture. There are many with the same position, it is called The Mid-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. You might be familiar with it and don’t agree, but that is alright, all the elect will get to heaven one way or another. We always tell our Pre-Tribulation Rapture friends that this is one time that we sincerely hope we are wrong, but feel that Scripture teaches otherwise. We also had people from interesting places in church again, Louisiana, New Jersey, Haiti and some of the area towns. More and more are finding out about our church and coming to the services. One dear lady came up to me afterwards and prayed a precious prayer for me. Billy always talks about my journey with cancer so I get prayers from so many places and that is truly such a wonderful thing to rest in.
     Again, we had a wonderful Bible Study tonight. I love our people so much. They are the most wonderful people we have ever had the privilege to know. I think I have bragged about them before, but I can’t say enough how sweet and precious they are. Thank you God for bringing each and every one into our lives.
     I have been on my special P. E. T. scan diet today. No carbs, sugar, artificial sweeteners. I can have eggs, low fat meats and green leafy vegetables. It hasn’t been hard, but it is a little boring.
     Tomorrow I will have my first P. E. T. scan. Several people have told me about what to   expect. I don’t know why the doctors don’t tell us patience's about what to expect. I am also getting various stories on radiation from people that have had it. It sounds like it may depend on the person to determine how it will go.  Anyway, Billy and I will be at ORMC by 8:30     tomorrow morning ready to go with whatever happens. I’ve been told to take a blanket to cover up with because it is very cold in the scan room. Even their directions told me to dress warmly and have no metal on so I bought a sports bra because they don’t have hooks.  Sorry to be so personal but I figured we are all adults here.
     It is not going to be a boring day tomorrow so I will have something interesting to tell you about.
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment