Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012
     Hello dear friends. Today was a very eventful day in the Jones family. It began with a phone call at 5:00am. It was my husband, who I thought was perhaps in the bathroom since he didn’t answer the phone on his side of the bed. His first words were, “I’m alright.” having just been awakened at 5:00am and hearing this coming from his voice that obviously was not in the house was a bit of a shock. He explained that he was having what seemed like serious indigestion so he looked for some Tums and not finding any in the house he got dressed and went to an all night drug store to get his Tums. When they didn’t help and his pain was getting really bad he decided to check into the ER at the hospital near us. He left the house at about 2:00am and didn’t wake me because he said he knew I needed to get all the sleep I could. They had given him an EKG and a MRI and he was waiting for the results. Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and dressed and went to the ER to see him. That was around 6:00. I packed up my mouth washes and all I would need to go to the radiation treatment in a few hours. He was pretty drugged up with morphine by the time I got there. I stayed there until I had to leave for the other hospital on the other side of town 13 miles away. I had my treatment, which was actually shorter than the one yesterday. I took my own CD which I was able to enjoy along with my prayer time. The treatment was so short, in fact, that I didn’t even get through praying for each member of our family before it was over. I went back to his hospital and by then they had put him in a room. Amanda was coming in as I was and Dorean and Donna joined us shortly. Alyssa also came and Matt and Deanna came in later. Everyone’s comment was, “I guess Mom was getting too much attention, so you resorted to this.” It was funny that everyone teasingly said the same thing. We were joking around and having such a great time that the male nurse that was in the room said, “You guys need to learn to get along better.” He was having a great time with us.
     Not to make a long story even longer, the final outcome is this. He had an ultrasound before we left this evening and is going to have another test tomorrow morning (I have never heard of it before so I can’t remember the name) and I will probably be at RT at that time. The doctor came in and said he had a gall stone that was 3cm, which is rather big and he would do surgery tomorrow afternoon if the last test came out as he expected it would. It will be laparoscopy and he will have a short recovery. I hope I can be there because I have an appointment with an acupuncturist at 1:00 that I really need to keep, because he is going to help me with the side effects of the RT.
     We are thankful that it was not more serious than this. Our kids will have to take care of both of us if we don’t get back on our feet soon. Fortunately, I can drive myself to RT for awhile, until he gets up and going again. Someone needs to be in the room with him because he has a hard time hearing and understanding all the instructions they give him. People with accents are difficult for him to undterstand so he needs us as “interpreters.”
     It is never a dull moment around the Jones household and never has been. We enjoy the little times of quiet before the storm when we have them. God has given us such a wonderful life we can’t complain about the little inconsistencies we experience occasionally.
     This may be a jumbled mess of misspelling and sentence fragments, but please overlook them. I have had to type this quickly because I have much to do to get ready for tomorrow.
     Please keep the Jones’ in your prayers.
     Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment