Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7, 2012
     It has been another rainy, gray day. But, the Son is still brightly shining in my life. Today was another appointment with Dr. Feldman my lovely Oncology Dentist. She tried on the stent for my mouth and will have the real one ready for my appointments on Monday. I got more  information concerning my mouth and teeth. Here it is—I will have to do a fluoride treatment EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! It takes about 10 minutes, that’s after brushing and flossing or using the water pick. I can not eat or drink for 1 hour after doing the treatment. It is best to do this before bed each night. Also, a tube that is about half the size of a regular tube of toothpaste costs 284.40 and the insurance company will not pay for it! The tube looks like it will last about 2 weeks. I have to spread it in a plastic upper and lower form that was taken from an impression of my teeth. We will certainly have to depend on the Lord to supply some extra funds for this expense. He will, I know, He always has. I asked the nurse if I were getting radiation on some other  part of my body would it be this complicated. She said there are other complications no matter where they do the radiation It makes me think of the Japanese at the end of the war after we had dropped the two atomic bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Those people had full doses of the radiation without any protection. What a horrible thing to have to do to stop people from killing each other.
     I will be so glad when this process gets started and I can deal with each thing as it comes along. Right now I feel like I have to process it all at once and I am actually not capable of   doing that. When I start taking little steps I can handle that. I just wish that I would not have to deal with this for the rest of my life. There is no end to the cancer or the effects that it will leave with me. I know God will take me through it as He has brought me this far into it. I am so thankful for His faithfulness, blessings, and love. What do people do that don’t have God to rest in? I feel very blessed to be chosen by Him, not only to be His child forever but to experience this event in my life with Him as my guide.
     Life has become very dear to me. The “little things” that used to bother me are no longer important or worth making an waves about. What others think of me is no longer important to me. It is now more important to be concerned about what God thinks of me. I want Him to enjoy fellowship with me as much as I enjoy fellowship with Him.
     Thanks for reading my thoughts. I pray that something will make a little difference in the way you think about life. Like I said in the poem on May 29th, “God’s gift is today and everything in it. Make it count for eternity. Don’t waste a minute.”
     Love you all, 
     Mary Margaret

     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment