Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 17, 2012
     Here I sit on a lovely Sunday evening thinking about what I will be doing tomorrow. At 9:30 Billy will be driving me to Orlando Regional Center, the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center where Jesus and I will be walking into the radiation area and where I will be getting my first radiation treatment and Jesus will be there holding my hand. In my hand will be a stone from Israel that a sweet Jewish man scratched a cross into. It is rustic but meaningful. It has no magical powers and certainly is not an icon to me, but it came from the place where Jesus walked, perhaps His foot even touched it, who knows? I just want to hold it as a physical representation of His presence for me.
     I am actually anxious to get started on this journey because I know there are many valuable things that I will be learning on the way. I just want to be open to new ideas that He will be teaching me and new lessons He wants to teach me. For sure, there are going to be some rough spots along the way, there always is when we are on a learning journey, but fortunately He is sovereign and knows my needs before they even occur and will be there holding the answers in His outstretched arms and open hands. I can see only great things coming out of this experience because The Great I AM is in charge of the whole thing. He is in charge because I want Him to be and because I have turned it over to Him and taken my hands off of the whole experience. I have also taken my hands off of my worries, my concerns and my fears.
     I do covet your prayers because they are an encouragement to me. When someone tells me they are praying for me it means a lot to me that someone would take the time during their fellowship with the Lord to mention my name to Him. It is a beautiful and precious thing. Please don’t think your prayers are not important, they are!
     It is time for me to call it a day well spent and get to my nightly routine with the fluoride treatment that I have to do and will have to do for the rest of my life. If this radiation doesn’t ruin my teeth I should have the healthiest teeth around in town.
     Goodnight.
     Love you all, 
     Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment