Sunday, October 2, 2011

10/02/11

     Today was my favorite day of the week, Sunday. I love so many things about this day. Being with friends, singing beautiful songs about the Lord, hearing great message and, of course, Sunday dinner at a restaurant. (No cleaning up.)
     We got to take a nap, I don't know why but I have always loved naps. Maybe because I'm not the best sleeper at night. Having a cat and dog in the bed with us may have something to do with that. The dog (Annie) is under the covers and comes out occasionally and has to shake her coat back into shape. Then after awhile she goes back under and pulls the covers with her. The cat (Sassy) sleeps at the right side of my head and shares my pillow with me. It seems like she is using more and more of the pillow so I find myself way to the right, almost in the middle of the bed. Thankfully, we have a big bed. Our pets are the luckiest ones I know of. But they make up for the inconvenience by loving us and looking so cute.
     Our Bible Study in the evening is my most favorite thing about Sunday. It is at our house, and the most wonderful people come and we have a grand time doing a verse by verse study of Exodus. Tonight we got Moses back to Egypt and before Pharaoh . "Let my people go" said Moses, "No," said Pharoah, but you probably know the story.
     Dorean and Tim came over later and we had a great discussion about Reform Theology. When they left Billy and I popped corn and watched some TV.
     Today I was able to experience the love and concern of dear people that I love. Our fellowship has a closeness that one doesn't find often. I truly treasure it and thank God for it.
     There was a quote by Randy Alcorn on our screen at church this morning and I think Carol might have used it for me and Carol Hotz who is suffering from thyroid tumor and they haven't found out if it is benign or not. I'm going to close with Randy's quote.
     "Suffering while trusting God gives us eternal benefits that otherwise couldn't be ours, enlarging our capacity for eternal joy!" Amen and amen.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment