Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10/12/11

    Not meaning to brag, but God has awarded me a badge of honor. Truly, I was in a battle against Satan. We fought over my faith, my trust, my beliefs, my grace and God’s glory. With God as my Commander in Chief and me as a private we marched into battle.  God was before me as my protector with me following close behind Him clothed in the whole armor of God. Oh, I was something to behold having fastened on the Belt of Truth, my Breastplate of Righteousness covering my heart, my feet were shod in the Readiness given by the Gospel of Peace. I took up the Shield of Faith to extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. My head was covered with the Helmet of Salvation and in my hand was the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (Ephesians 6:14-17) Nothing could touch me, not even the worst Satan could throw my way.
     These words have taken on new meaning for me. They are alive and real in me, flowing through my bloodstream. God has provided us with all we need to stand against Satan and his demons. Through everything He is with us fighting harder than we ever could. If God is with us, who can be against us? No one, nothing.
     “What is your badge of honor?” you ask. It is a  two inch scar down my left cheek which I will proudly wear. For it will be a reminder of God’s love to me, His sovereignty over all matters in my life, His protection and willingness to lead me into what was my battle for my life as a Christian. He had already taken all the blows, for me on the cross.
What a beautiful badge it is!   


No comments:

Post a Comment