Friday, October 14, 2011

10/14/12

My Badge of Honor and I went out into the real world for the first time today. We made a trip to Wal-Mart. I actually forgot about my scar until I noticed a couple of people look rather intently at me. Then there were two that did a very obvious double take my way. I laughed to myself and said in my head, “That’s okay, it won’t bother me if you look.” It  does stand out rather strongly right now since the stitches are still in it. There are little black things sticking out which makes it look like a black caterpillar. I know it is going to look better when the stitches come out on Tuesday. There is a large swollen bump in front of my ear, but that is going down with ice packs several times a day. I have discovered that they shaved my hair from in front of my ear up about five inches. I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t able to make my hair do right on that side. I can arrange it so that it isn’t noticeable. Genny, my hair cutter, is going to have a fit when she sees it.
     I find that I am a bit fearful of direct sun on my face. I have a good sunscreen but don't know that I trust it completely. Someone is coming Wednesday to put a darker film on the front windows of both our cars. I get most of my sun while in one of the cars. So many things are different now, but still in God’s hands.
     Life is getting back to normal around here. I washed clothes yesterday, I’m cooking dinner tonight. Meat loaf, but no ordinary meat loaf, this is made with ground turkey, sausage, Greek  yogurt and other good stuff. Come to Florida for a taste sometime.
     Thanks to all of you that have been faithful in reading my blog. It means a lot that you are interested in my comings and goings. I would like to hear from more of you at:



No comments:

Post a Comment