Sunday, October 9, 2011

10/09/11

     Another lovely Sunday has almost past. It has been a very special day with all the love and promises of prayers. A visiting husband and wife from Los Angeles came up to me after church and asked if they could lay hands on me and pray. It was very special and meant so much to me. The best part of today was that my grandson, Benjamin, was singing a special in the service this morning. We were expecting him to sing "Blessings” or  “I  Am New”  but instead he said he had written a song for his grandmother, which is me, of course. Immediately I started crying and reached down for my purse to get Kleenex because I knew it was going to move me and I was going to have a big cry. Well, I did.
     I am writing the words for you. I wish you could hear him sing it. He will be 18 next month and God has something really special in mind for Benjamin, I’m sure.

When everything goes wrong,
And everything falls apart,
When all hope seems lost,
And I’m tired of holding on,
I’m still holding,
I’m still holding on to You.

I need You now, ‘cause I can’t see through
This cloud of rain.
This restless mind, is overwhelmed
With thoughts of doubt and pain.

But I’m still holding on to you, my God,
My Refuge, you’re my Healer above.
You’re all I want and all I need,
You gave Your life and rescued me, my Savior.
‘Cause all hope is You.
So I will put my hope and trust in You.

When I’m here suffering
In all this loneliness,
When I can’t make it through,
All this darkness,
I’m still holding,
And I’m never letting go.

     If you can, remember me tomorrow. I have such peace about whatever the outcome is. I know Who my Great Physician is and there is none other like Him.
     Dorean is going to post for me tomorrow and let you know how everything went.
     Love to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment