Friday, October 21, 2011

10/21/11

      I spent most of the day packing for our cruise. I need to take enough for eleven days. That is almost everything I own! It took me awhile to put outfits together with shoes and jewelry (I must have my jewelry). I know I have over packed but that is better than running out of clothes. Christmas of 2010 Billy gave me two nice pieces of luggage and I think that is all I am going to need. He got out four pieces of luggage for himself, he doesn’t need that much, but I have to let him find that out for himself.
     There are things that have to be taken care of. Amanda, Michael and McKenzie are going to house sit for us while we are gone. Annie, our dog, and Sassy, our cat need someone to take care of them and McKenzie loves to do that. I needed to clean up a few things around the house for them, then went to get a manicure and pedicure. Hey, this is important  stuff for us ladies!
     I stopped at the grocery store and while standing in the check out line the lady behind me commented on the Duke’s Mayonnaise in my cart. It was by one get one free and she said she loves Duke’s. We got to talking about things and found we had a lot in common. I told her about my recent experience and that I was now  cancer free and she said, “Praise the Lord.” I gave her my blog address and she said she would look at it.  Isn’t it great to make a new friend over Duke’s Mayonnaise? I just love these little extras the Lord gives us throughout the day.
     I came home a listened to one of Dr. Sproul’s sermons and have managed to be busy since then. It is time for bed and I am looking forward to a great day tomorrow. Bible study at Dorean’s house!
     Verses for today: James 1:22-25
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and persevers, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing."
     Let's go out there and be a doer!


No comments:

Post a Comment