Friday, October 7, 2011

10/7/11

     Tim and Dorean made it back this morning from their cruise. I missed them and am very happy that they are back. They had a wonderful time. Tim enjoyed the soft serve ice cream best of all. It is truly the best I’ve ever eaten. I don’t know where they get it but there is nothing like it on land.
     This evening Donna, Daniel and Kay (a lady the helps Daniel with his work) came over and Donna brought bar-b-q from Harry and Larry’s, one of our favorite eateries in Winter Garden. It was good!
     Each day for my devotions I like to listen to a sermon by R.C. Sproul, I’m in Romans now. I also read a  Proverb for the day of the month it is. There are 31 Proverbs and 31 days in some months.  I also try to get in a Psalm or two. Today I was reading Psalm 59 verses 16-17 spoke to me. David wrote this Psalm before he was king and was hiding from Saul who was hoping to kill him. He was trusting God to lead the way in the fight against his enemy. Like David I have an enemy that wants to kill me, but God is leading the way in the fight against it. David wrote:

“But I will sing of your strength;
I will sing aloud of your steadfast
love in the morning.
For you have been to me, a fortress
and a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my Strength, I will sing praises to you
for you, O God, are my fortress,
 the God who shows me steadfast love.

     Could there be better words to describe my situation? How amazing is it that He gives us just what we need when we need it!  God bless and good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment