Thursday, October 20, 2011

10/20/11

     God is faithful in many, many way. I have been praying about my “survivors guilt” because I know it is wrong and He gave me a verse that He has given me before, but being the human being that I am I needed to be reminded of it again. James 1:2-4 says;

“Count it all joy, my brothers,
when you meet trials of various kinds,
for you know that the testing of  your faith produces steadfastness.
And let steadfastness have its full effect,
that you man be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

The notes in my ESV Bible say; “Count it all joy. This is a call to understand suffering from the vantage point of confidence in God’s sovereignty. What follows requires careful thinking from a theological perspective.”

testing. Trials can be considered pure joy only when there is knowledge that they are designed by God for a purpose. They are tests of faith given in order to develop perseverance. In turn, perseverance produces mature Christian character.”

     I cannot feel guilty because God performed His will in my life for he is sovereign . He gave me the trial that would  provide Him the most glory through me. To be a conduit to serve the purpose of providing glory to Him is a great honor and if my healing is what He performed in me I can only praise Him for it.

     There is no end to His love and faithfulness to us who are called according to His purpose. Can I hear a big AMEN?


No comments:

Post a Comment