Saturday, October 22, 2011

10/22/11

     Today was an unusual day in some ways. I finished packing except for the things I was going to need until we left for the cruise. Then went to my favorite part of Saturday morning, Bible study at Dorean’s. She is the teacher and a good one. We are looking at the sovereignty of God from a book by A. W. Pink. WOW! What an eye opener it is. I’m going to miss the next two weeks. We will be gone next week and McKenzie’s birthday party is the next Saturday. The study went long because we get to talking and when we have closing prayer we still keep talking. It is a great group.
     When I finally got home I had to finish the bulletins for church for tomorrow and next Sunday when we will have a guest speaker because we will be on our cruise. (See how I keep throwing that cruise in there?)
     I was planning to work on this post for the blog and write up a testimony that I’m going to give tomorrow.   Instead I got a phone call from Donna saying her back was hurting really bad and would I go to the ER with her. Of course, I said yes. We got to the ER at about 4:20. You know how those things go so we finally left at almost 8:30. They gave her 2 bags of glucose, a CAT Scan, pain medication and said it was probably a muscular skeletal  episode. She was feeling better by the time she left, thank you Lord! I told her if I could be cured of cancer so I could go on this cruise she could sure get over her back pain so we could go. I am beginning to wonder if Satan doesn’t want us to take this trip for some reason. We all need it for a refreshing of body and mind. God will take care of refreshing the Spirit.
     Good night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment