Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10/18/11

     My final doctor’s appointment on my cancer was this afternoon. I was looking forward to it because I would get to see my favorite doctor, Dr. Shellenberger. Deanna went with me in case there was bad news. I really wasn’t expecting bad news and I didn’t get any. Everything was negative, all the lymph nodes and the tissue taken from the tumor site. PRAISE THE LORD! They took my stitches out and gave me a little band aid to cover the scars for a couple of days.
     Dr. Shellenberger told he carried the note I gave him before I went into surgery. It read:
Dear Doctor Shellenberger,
     I just want you to know that no matter how things turn out, no matter how wonderful the job you do with my surgery, you will have my eternal thanks, but the glory will go to God.  He is with you and with me also.
     God bless you,
     Mary Margaret Jones
     P.S. I hope you are a good seamstress. You don’t want to mess up this beautiful face. Ha ha.

He patted his breast pocket and said “It’s in here, I always carry it with me.” That is unbelievable! Now you see why he is my favorite doctor. He also gave me a big hug. I made him one of my cards and inside was the history of the caduceus which is the symbol for medical doctors. He didn’t know where it originated and was happy to find out. In case you don’t know, it came from the time the Israelites were in the wilderness and were bitten by snakes and were dying. God told Moses to put a brass snake on a pole and the people were to look at it and they would live. Ergo the caduceus.
     I recommended the book Heaven , by Randy Alcorn, the other day. Here is an excerpt from the book that meant a lot to me.
“. . . you see someone coming toward you. It’s Jesus, with a big smile on his face. You fall to your knees in worship. He pulls you up and embraces you.
     At last, you’re with the person you were made for, in the place you were made to be.”
As soon as I read it I began to cry. The thought of being with Jesus, the person I was made for, in heaven, the place I was made to be. That just hit me as amazing. I printed it up and framed it and it hangs at my front door.
     This was a good day! Thank you Lord!


2 comments:

  1. Praise GOD!! I am so happy the test were negative! See you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news, Mary! I will share this with our church. I have been checking your blog each day to see an update on your results. Praise the Lord for His love, His mercy, and His grace. Your faith is an encouragement to us all.

    ReplyDelete