Saturday, October 15, 2011

10/15/11

     Great day today, I got a nap that always makes for a good day as far as I’m concerned.
     I was reading Romans 12 this morning. I’m actually going through Romans with     R. C. Sproul. If you would like a great Bible study go to Ligonier.com then, learn, sermons and you have a choice between Romans or John. His church is in Longwood which is not far from where we live. Dorean and Tim go over there to church occasionally.
     Romans 12 begins with “I beseech you therefore, bretheren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” I’ve always thought these were great verses and something we all need to do, but the only trouble with a “living sacrifice” is that it keeps crawling off the alter.
     We are also encouraged to renew our minds. In the dictionary “renew” is defined as: 1. to make new or as if new again, make fresh or strong again 2. to cause to exist again; reestablish. This means to get all the old useless, wrong things out of our minds and reestablish our minds with spiritual things. I found that Bible reading was a great way to fill my mind with spiritual things. Christian music, Christian friends, spiritual reading materials. These things fill our minds with godly inspirations. I have found some very good Christian novels. I can also recommend books by Randy Alcorn, especially his books Heaven and We Shall See God. There is a plethora of good Christian material out there.
     That is the sermon for tonight. (Didn't mean to get preachy.) May your Sunday be as blessed as I’m sure mine will be. God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment