Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012

     What a Mother’s Day I had! Of course it started with going to church. Benjamin, my 18 year old grandson, put the music together and led the singing. Carol, our music director was out of town. Benjamin also sang a beautiful song accompanying himself on the guitar. We had very lovely ball point pens for all the mothers. That was all before Billy started preaching.
     He was about 10 minutes into his sermon when I started feeling strange, kind of sick and  shaky.  My daughter Donna was sitting beside me. I asked her to go with me to the rest room because I didn’t think I could make it by myself. So we left the service and she was basically holding me up. To get to the point, after about 10 minutes she decided to call 911. They came and started asking questions and plugging things into me. My blood pressure was 80/40, not a good thing. They were very nice gentlemen. Soooooooooooooo, I got my first ambulance ride. I’ll take that one off my "bucket list.”
     To get to the point of this story . . . they insisted that I stay overnight. That didn’t make me happy. I stayed in the Cardiac Unit at the hospital. They were so sure it was a heart problem. I didn’t think it was, but what do I know. I had an EKG before they put me in the ambulance and one while on the way to the hospital then another after getting to the hospital in the ER. The last one was after getting to the room. They were definitely going to pursue the heart problem idea. I still did not think that it was a heart problem.
     Sunday evening all the kids came to see me and we had such a good time laughing and making jokes. They said I had gone too far to get the whole family together for Mother’s Day. From now on I could just ask them to come see me, I didn’t have to check into a hospital.
     I was poked and prodded so much that I ran out of veins. Especially because my veins had been used just 3 weeks ago. I am called a “hard stick” by the medical profession. You would not believe the nightmares I’ve had. They had to bring in something called the “IV Team” to find a vein so they could get another IV started. Basically what happened was they did an ultra sound on my arm to find deep veins. She said my veins are very small and run deep. Anyway, she found one and got it and it hurt less than any time I have ever been poked. I am gong to ask for the “IV Team” from now on.
     They wanted to do an Echo Cardiogram today and if it was clear I could go home, if not I would have to have a Stress Test and probably would not go home till tomorrow. I knew the EC would be fine and it was. I got to go home!

     Dear God, I have had enough of hospitals to last for a long, long time. Please can I just stick to doctors offices for awhile?

     All the staff at the hospital was so nice. I was even able to talk about the Lord with a couple of them. He gives us opportunities and we should take the opportunity and use it for His glory.
     The cardiologist at the hospital wants to see me in 4 weeks. He still can’t let go of the idea of a heart problem. My heart has no problem, Christ is in it and in control of it. I wish they could see Christ with one all those sophisticated machines that they look at the human heart with. Wouldn’t that be amazing?
     I’m looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight with my animals in it.
     Good night and God bless you.     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the ancer!

Don’t forget to E-mail me. . .
                                               angel8mmj@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment