Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012

     Sorry about not posting last night, but I was terribly tired out and went to bed early. It was a busy, busy day. It started off by Dorean and I going to Dr. Shellenberger’s office. There is  usually a long wait, but since Dr. S. is leaving Friday it looked like all his patients were trying to see him before he was gone. We took him the cake and cookies and he was very pleased to get them. He gave me a big hug.
     We discussed the radiation and I asked him what would he do if I were his mother. I don’t know if I’m old enough to be his mother but maybe I could be. He looks like he could be about the same age as Dorean. Here is his suggestion; wait until after Thursday when he has a consultation with the doctors in Houston. They go over cases every Thursday and he can get a lot of expert input on my case. He doesn’t think radiation will be necessary but he wants to take every precaution he can. He still didn’t give out where he is going, but I think it is a local group of hospitals that is becoming a premier cancer center in the Central Florida area. I hope that is it.
     Another thing I had to do yesterday was get a haircut, which went well, but added to what made me so worn out.
     I got an early Mother’s Day present from Billy. He doesn’t understand why I should get a Mother’s Day present from him  since I am not his mother. Does that make sense to you? Of course not, we wives have to mother our husbands all the time, right? Anyway, he got me two small bands to go over and under my wedding band. It is very pretty. He said it's for going through cancer surgery twice. Isn’t he great?
     This morning I was reading in Psalms again and found this passage about our great God.

I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes I will remember your wonders of old.
I will ponder all your work,
and meditate on your mighty deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders;
you have made known your might among the peoples.
Psalm 77:11-14

     Have you ever just sat and thought of all the wonderful deeds God does for us? Look over time past and what He did for the Israelites yet they turned away from Him every time. He was patient and would wait till they were ready to return to Him and He again gave them good deeds. Of course, He threw in a bit of incentive to bring them back, like the loss of a battle or a plague, but He had to get their attention somehow.
     Take a few minutes and think about some of the things God has done for you, the little and the big.
Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment