Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19,2012
     The baby shower was a huge success! We had so much fun. We played some games I had never played before, usually I don’t like to play shower games, but these were actually fun.
     Of course, there were many cute baby things. They make such wonderful things for babies now. How did I ever raise 3 daughters without the little plastic bath tub and disposable diapers? Not to mention the elaborate car seat and stroller.

     The food was special too. We had Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches on croissants, sausage balls, tiny Quiches, chocolate covered strawberries and a carved watermelon fruit bowl that looked like a cradle with a cantaloupe baby in it with a pacifier in its mouth. I did that and I will never again volunteer to carve  something with fruit. What a messy job! Of course, we had punch and cup cakes and Amanda had all kinds of candy for something she called a “Candy Walk” with little bags that everyone could fill and take home. It was much fun, but I am tired out.
     In reading through the Bible chronologically in a year I came to Isaiah 25 today. It starts with a wonderful first verse.
O LORD, you are  my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name,
for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.
Then Isaiah gives us some really beautiful news in verses 8 and 9.
He will swallow up death forever,
and the LORD  GOD will wipe away tears from all faces.
And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth,
for the LORD has spoken.
It will be said on that day,
Behold, this is our GOD;
we have waited for him, that he might save us.
This is the LORD; we have waited for him;
let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Those verses sound very promising when we get to our age and are battling cancer. It gives us hope and knowledge that we are secure in our Lord and can rely on the sovereignty of our God. He is faithful with his promises. What a resting place that is!
     God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.
     Much love to you all,
Mary Margaret

     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment