Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5, 2012
     Had a very busy day today. I managed to get several things done. We didn’t have Bible Study today because Dorean is doing something with her family. Tim works a strange shift at Disney so getting everyone together is sometimes difficult. They took McKenzie to the beach for her first look at the Atlantic. I wish I could see her reaction, I know it will be funny.
     I got the church bulletin typed and printed, ready to go for tomorrow. I did some Tai Chi, which helps me get my muscle tone back. I don’t do the meditation or any of that other stuff, just the movements which are very fluid and look like I’m moving in slow motion. I feel very comfortable when I’m finished but still manage to work up a sweat.
     Another big thing I did was get my nails done. I had to have clear polish on my fingers and toes for surgery and I feel a little naked. I like colors on my nails and am more comfortable with it. My hands look kind of dead without it. I now have the dark burgundy that I love. Yeah!
     In reading I John 3:1-3 this morning I found it beautiful when I meditated on the meaning of what John was trying to tell us.

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.”

     Through this present journey with the “little c” I have become more aware of the love of God and the fact that I am His child. The meaning of being a child of God has taken on a much more awesome picture than I had before.  John says, “Behold,” or “Look at” what kind of love the Father (the creator of the universe and all that is in it) has given us. What can we see when we look at His love? We see forgiving love, faithful love, unconditional love, true love and a love that surpasses all our imagination could conceive. We are His adopted children, which sets us apart from the rest of the world. The world doesn’t know us nor does it know God. Can you even imagine that someday we will be like Jesus? Just as we didn’t want to disappoint our earthly parents, even more we should not want to disappoint our heavenly parent. To be pure before God is a lofty goal that we can only achieve when we become like Jesus. What a day to look forward to! What a day that will be!
     “Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”    
     Good night,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment