Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 24, 2012
     It was a busy, busy day. Dorean couldn’t get away from her office so Amanda and McKenzie went with me to my appointments. I had a panorama dental x-ray at 10:15 but didn’t leave there till 1200, you know doctor appointments go. We decided to eat in the hospital cafeteria since my next appointment was at 1:15. We got to the radiology department on time and I filled out a ton of paperwork then we were taken to a room and waited until 2:40. The doctor was very nice, cute and young. His name is Dr. Manon (pro. Manyon) his wife is expecting their first baby the same time Amanda is expecting Colton. His is a boy too. There is a huge number of boys being born so far this year.
     Here is what he wants to do. He is scheduling me for a PET scan next week. There is a   possibility that another Merkel Cell has escaped and could be some where else in my body. He wants to give a good look over the inside of my body to make sure there isn’t something there. I like this idea and have asked about it before. I felt a PET scan would reveal if there is anything hiding somewhere. I digress, he explained how they would make a mesh mask just for me and within the mask would be the coordinates for the area they want the radiation to hit.  He answered all my questions like would I be dangerous around the pets and the baby, the answer is no. He said I would have 27 to 35 treatments, 5 days a week. He even arranged for someone to have a sonogram to look for my veins before the PET scan, they are hard to find without one. That is a big relief to me.
     When we finished at Dr. Manon’s, Amanda went to Winnie Palmer to pre register for when she delivers out little Colton. McKenzie was born there too. It is a wonderful hospital for women and children build by Arnold Palmer.
     Anyway, it looks like I will be spending a lot of time at ORMC and M. D. Anderson. It is just a new adventure in my life. It is all new to me. How many get to have a new adventure in their life at  my age? I am going to rejoice and be thankful that God has chosen me to experience this at my age. He is with me which make it even better.                 
     Here is a passage for today:
 “ So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away,                                
 our inner self is being renewed day by day.
For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us                                                  an eternal weight of glory beyond all  comparison,
as we look not to the things that are seen                                                                     but to the things that are unseen.
For the things that are seen are transient,                                                                    but the things that are unseen are eternal.”
II Corinthians 4:16-18
     I like the thought about the outer self wasting away. Boy, is that true! It is nice to know the inner self is being renewed every day. Then it talks about this momentary affliction preparing me for an eternal glory beyond all comparison. This is comforting.
     It has been a tiring and eventful day. I am ready to hit my wonderful air bed.
     God bless you all,
     Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment